Monday, July 11, 2011

Things I Don't Care for Mondays

Monday gets a bad rap. People have "cases of the Mondays" or they just generally dislike the day for ending their weekend fun. Mondays give people a chance to rant though and let some steam out. So I have decided to start a new blog segment called "Things I Don't Care for Mondays."

So the inaugural post will be something that I don't care for most in my life right now: The Bar Exam.

The Bar Exam is the exam you are required to take to become a practicing attorney (in most states). It is most often taken after you have finished up law school that summer, this particular Bar Exam that I dislike is being taken in July. The Bar Exam is so extremely expensive, time consuming and frustrating and upsetting that I can't even describe it; partly because I am actually never going to take this.

My darling boyfriend Jon graduated from Tulane Law School this past May and six days later, he had to enroll in the Bar Review course. Terrible! Let me tell you, six days is not enough time to celebrate, relax, sleep and comprehend everything that just happened. I realize this, because I graduated from undergrad the day before, and there is no way I could have immediately jumped into studying again. Jon has studied so much! He would watch Bar lectures or go to class almost every day for a month and then study the rest of the day. Now that the Exam is in two weeks, he studies every waking hour and even eats his meals while studying. Not to mention, this is an Exam that will determine the rest of your life: whether you get to be a lawyer or not.






So here are some of the reasons I don't care for the Bar Exam:
  • You stole my boyfriend away from me! Very rude!
  • You make people grumpy, cranky, mad, sad and anxious!
  • You give people insomnia, ulcers, headaches and other ailments I don't even know about!
  • You are too expensive! These people just graduated, have loans, and most likely, no job!
  • You take almost 3 months to grade! That is a LONG time to be in limbo.
  • Personally, you made me lonely! Jon has to focus on his future and I don't get to be with him as much!
  • You make people feel inadequate! That is a feeling I think NO ONE should have to feel. Ever.

You are just plain rotten Bar Exam. I hope you go away and never come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment