Sunday, June 26, 2011
Treasures in the Backyard
Yesterday I went to a yard sale a few houses down from mine. Yard sales always contain hidden treasures for cheap that are easy to fix, clean up, or tailor to your liking.
While digging in bins and keeping a keen eye out, I found this amazing silk slip dress. When asking the owner about it, I found out that it was from the 70's and a disco favorite. It is this amazing metallic copper color that I thought was very unique and would like great with my dark hair. I picked it up for a mere $5! I think it will look best in winter with some black tights, heels and a black blazer or leather jacket. I am still thinking of ways to pair it with this immense heat of New Orleans.
While heading back to my house this afternoon, I saw jewelry hanging up at the house and ran back. The owner had brought amazing necklaces and bracelets, which are some of the best things to get at yard sales in my opinion. I then picked up a glass turquoise necklace with a lovely vintage clasp as well as an enamel light pink and gold bracelet. Both are such bright pops of color that I had to pick them up and I got a deal on them for $15. The necklace I can't wait to pair with some new yellow tops I have and the bracelet is going to get paired with more gold bangles I have to give it a understated pop.
I suggest everyone visit yard or garage sales in their own neighborhood to find little treasures like these. Fun weekend finds!
Labels:
Fashion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment