Thursday, June 30, 2011

Breaking into the Biz


Everyday, I find myself loving more and more writing on my blog. It is thrilling, therapeutic and such a rush of more feelings. I just absolutely love getting to write on it about all the creative things running through my head. I even find myself typing up different ideas for blogs in the 'Notes' section of my iPhone.

While I thought that teaching and non-profit work was my definite future, I feel I am heading down a new course. I have started to contact online magazines to write for them and am looking for more every day. I can't help but ask though, how does one break into the biz?

While some online magazines or blogs have sections for you to submit your writing or speak to someone about writing for them, I am not quite sure how to go about the whole process and unfortunately, Carrie Bradshaw failed to mention how to do that in all her writings and words of wisdom.

I most surely want to continue working with non-profit organizations centered around children, but I feel that I want to add writing to my path as well.

If anyone has any helpful tips or stories to share, I would love to hear them! I am open and willing to learn wise lessons from all.

Image found here

No comments:

Post a Comment