So my 22nd birthday is coming up next week. I have found it to always be hard to have a summer birthday. When you are a child, everyone is on vacation or summer camps. When you are a teenager, the same is true but you find it hard to figure out what to do by balancing friends and family. In college, everyone goes back to their homes. Needless to say, I have always felt that those with summer birthdays deserved a little extra attention.
So in lieu on my upcoming day, here are some things that I want for my birthday. Subtle might not be one of my strong suits.
Instead of a birthday cake, which always ends up being thrown away from going stale or not being eaten, I would love so macaroons. There is an absolutely quaint and charming little dessert shop in New Orleans on the long and famous Magazine Street called Sucre. I could spend all day, every day sitting in this little shop eating dessert after dessert, growing fat but happy. Their macaroons are some of the best and have great flavors,my favorite being the King Cake flavor that is done in Mardi Gras colors.
Salu is a great tapas restaurant again on Magazine Street in New Orleans. I have only been there once, but I fell in love hard for this fun and bold place. It is the bold and unique pairings as well as delicious cocktails that made this place a new favorite of mine and I am going here for my birthday dinner with Jon. My absolute favorite dish is a seered tuna with radishes on top; it is completley impossible to describe how perfectly cooked and truly amazing this tuna is. Best tuna I have ever had, by far, even though it only comes in four tiny little pieces. I am also a huge fan of their Venezia Pink Lemonade cocktail, which combaines chamborde, citron vodka and and lemonade. Cannot wait!
Cocktails, cocktails, lots and lots of cocktails are in order as well. These were found here, but I won't be traveling there.
I would also like everyone I know to donate to the American Diabetes Association. This is something that is near and dear to my heart since my most wonderful grandfather died on Diabetes and this is a disease that takes millions of lives a year. Any little bit counts and it would mean a very great deal to me.
So happy birthday to me...
No comments:
Post a Comment