How soon is too soon?
Two days ago...I GOT A JOB! Not another babysitting or nannying or volunteer job, but a real grown up girl job. I have never been more proud of myself, ecstatic or scared in my life! I finally got a foot in the door that comes with pay, benefits, connections and real experiences.
After getting the great news, I of course told Jon, my parents and my grandparents. Jon and I went out to dinner for margaritas and (fake) Mexican food later that night for a celebration and it was an overall wonderful day and night.
Yet, this led me to start thinking, when is the appropriate time to start telling others? I certainly wanted to shout it from the rooftops but I wasn't sure if that was appropriate. Though I was offered the position and I accepted, I haven't started yet (I start November 1st!). Should I wait until I am right about to start? Can I tell my friends or anyone that asks what I do? One of the great things about having a job is actually getting to answer those terrible questions of " where do you work?" or "when will you get a job you think?"
Also, when is it acceptable to come out with this new position on social media websites like Linkedin? I have decided that for that one, I am going to wait until I am about to actually start.
All these questions just lead me to ask, how soon is too soon?
I certainly want to stay professional and not seem to eager, but I am so excited and I feel that this great accomplishment is something I want to share. I guess I will have to wait one more month and then I can come out as a real big girl with a big girl job.
No comments:
Post a Comment