Shucks!
I let my blog get behind again! I had set a big goal for myself to blog every day and for a while, I was rolling. Yet, after all my recent vacation time, I let it go again! Almost a whole two weeks without blogging!
I do miss it but I find myself more busy lately so I thought I would say why.
First, I have been babysitting for a wonderful family I absolutely adore! Since I have so much free time I have been able to go over quite a lot and babysit these three little boys. These boys are all boy too with loves of dinosaurs, rock and roll air guitaring and scootering. They are so much fun to play with but by far my favorite part is when they sit up on my lap and we read about times long ago or Elmo's first day at school. It has been so rewarding to be able to play like a child again and run around. Plus, their mom is so fun and interesting too! I love talking to her in between wrestling matches and snack time.
Also, I have been terribly sick! A week ago, I started to get these awful sore throats and I knew something was up. This was followed up by a swelling headache, chills, fever, congestion, coughs and body aches. Yuck. Jon got sick too so we spent lots of time drinking hot tea and watching movies in bed. Isn't that always the best part about being sick? Yesterday I finally took some antibiotics so this first Fall cold will get kicked and I can go back to feeling good.
Finally, with school starting up again (even though I am sadly not in it anymore) many of my friends came back into our beloved city to go back to college, graduate schools or are just back from vacation. I have been spending as much time as I can with them all and I am so happy to have them all back. There is nothing more fun than us all getting together to lay out on couches, watch bad TV or movies and chit chat all night.
As always, I am applying to jobs and interviewing with no luck. I am trying to be optimistic but it does get discouraging. I know that something will eventually come up and then I will be wanting all this free time back!
Look forward to more blogging today!
No comments:
Post a Comment