Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Namaste


Recently I decided to pick up Yoga again. I had taken a few classes before but it was very informal and I didn't stick to it. Calm and centered was never something I was good at or desired to try harder for. I find though as I am getting older that I am would really like this to be a big part of my life.

Especially after reading and looking at pictures of Tristan Prettyman, who appears to be quite the yogi. On her blog, Tacos are Better on Tuesday, she occasionally posts pictures of her and her friends doing amazing moves and just looking so calm and at peace.

Not only is it wonderful to find peace and let everything drift from your mind, but it is a great workout! The deep stretch felt in your muscles is immediately felt but after, your body feels so loose and pliable. I am enjoying it so much!

I bought myself a new purple mat and DVD from a wonderfully calming Hawaiian yogi. More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment