Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Missing me Some Missoni

Today was an important day that I am happened to miss.

The famed fashion house of Missoni was releasing their collection for Target featuring their signature bright colors and knits featuring bold patterns. I have always felt that Missoni was so fun and truly bridged age gaps and generations in their pieces. Plus, the Missoni family is absolutely gorgeous and full of a love of knit wear and family work.

While today was the first day one was able to buy these pieces in stores or online, I went off the babysit my boys thinking, "well I will hope on the website after and pick up my favorite pieces." Wrong.

The launch of the Missoni for Target line crashed Target's servers multiple times and even at 9pm, you had to wait ten minutes to get onto the site. Once on the site, you quickly discovered that everything was sold out.

This leaves me with mixed feelings. While there are certainly some pieces that I am dying to have and I would love a chance to own Missoni without paying something ridiculous, I realize that every other girl out there probably will be owning the same thing. Do I really want to pick up one of the scarves only to walk out of my house and see ten other girls wearing it?

I suppose I have time to ponder this while restocking happens but I am left with quite a dilemma. What would you do?

Here are two of the pieces I was dying to pick up.


Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment