Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sweet San Antone

Well hello again! It has been so long since I have blogged but I had great reasons. I have been off traveling around the South with my sweetie for the past week and a half. We first headed to San Antonio where I hail from for a little over a week and then went to Biloxi for a few days in the woods.

As soon as we reached Texas, Jon immediately drove to Whataburger, my absolute obsession. Though we do have Whataburger in Louisiana, it is SO much better in Texas!


 

Best fast food burger ever. No comparison.

Later that night when we got into San Antonio, we went to eat at the fabulous La Gloria, a modern take on Mexican street food. We dined on Polo Verde tacos and drank excellent Mexican beer. La Gloria is located in the old Pearl Brewery, which has been converted in the past few years to shops, restaurants and artist lofts. It is such an amazing location that anyone visiting San Antonio should stop by.

My favorite part of the renovations is a walk way along the River for people to run or just simply stroll on while getting to see the area. The walk way is wonderfully decorated with lush greens and dainty little flowers. Plus, there are darling ducks and secret waterfalls and staircases. What more could you want?





What better scenery could you ask for when taking an after-dinner stroll?





Another fun feature was a school of painted fish that were hung under an overpass that would light up at night. They were all so beautiful so I did my best to snag some shots.






Secret passages and staircases.





Along the walkway was different posts that would detail the history of the Pearl Brewery and I absolutely adored this old picture of some of the first brewery workers. I certainly think men were much more attractive back then! Check out those great mustaches and suspenders!



Such a great first day and night!

No comments:

Post a Comment