Monday, October 10, 2011

The Most Amazing News of All

If you have noticed that I haven't been blogging in awhile, it is for good reason. This past week and weekend have been very big and full of stress and celebration.

On Friday, early in the morning around 9:15, I got a phone call from a friend that my darling darling boyfriend had passed the Louisiana Bar Exam.

Jon is an attorney!

For Louisiana, the list of who passed, conditionally passed and failed is published publicly by the Supreme Court at 10am. Luckily, a friend of mine found out a tad early and had another friend call me to let me know that Jon's name was on the passed list.


Said Passed list

We were in the middle of breakfast when we got the call and I immediately jumped in his arms and teared up. I am truly proud of Jon every day but I had never been so proud of anyone about anything in my whole life. I saw the incredible hard work he put in every day for three months, the stress it took on him and the true toll it took on him the week of.

After we got the news, a fellow Bar-passer came over and the boys broke out the Crown and Coke and started celebrating. The rest of the day followed with many drinks, cigars I had gotten for Jon earlier in the week and a delicious shrimp curry pasta I made for everyone for dinner. Then is was out on the town to celebrate and the rest of the weekend followed suit.

It was such an amazing feeling to know that Jon had overcame such a demon and to see the pride he had in himself. Plus,  I have never been so happy for that no good exam to be out of our lives forever!

I had bought this for Jon for his Graduation and I am so happy he finally got to wear it!

2 comments: