Monday, October 31, 2011

Finally My Own

After many changes in choices, I finally decided to be a pirate for Halloween. I was terribly late on getting a costume and putting things together so I finally had to get a costume from Party City. Usually, I am a big fan of creating your own costume and picking up pieces here and there, but time ran out and I did my best to bring in my own elements.

On Thursday night, Jon's fraternity from his college days threw their annual Halloween party called Dark Carnival. The tradition goes back many years and the boys always wear their fraternity jerseys and black and white face paint. Jon decided to keep it simply and did the same with all his alumni friends. He went for clown makeup and it was a total hit! It had never been done before and everyone loved it!




The party was so much fun as usual with epic dancing and tons of interesting costumes. I loved playing with my pirate sword and cracking pirate jokes.

The rest of the weekend was a blur of old friends that came in town, many cocktails and general good times. Saturday night was our big Halloween night with Jon dressing up as a Mexican (no offense was taken on my part) and I relived my pirate costume since I got so many compliments. I loved that Jon proudly wore his Mexican gear and showed how great it actually was to be Mexican; he was Mexellant!


For my costume, I got a red silk button down and a black skirt that I cut and ripped, making them look rugged and worn through many days on the open sea. The jacket came from Party City and it was actually pretty warm for the cold weekend. I also found from Party City some wonderful knee high fishnets that had gold glitter skulls on the top. I absolutely adored them and actually got the pirate idea from finding them first. I had an eye patch, skull garter belt, plastic sword and many gold rings for accessories and wore my black cowboy boots to finish the look. On the nights I wore my costume it was extra cold so I wore red thick soccer socks on top of my fishnets and lets the red and white stripes poke out of my boots for added effect.

All and all it was such a wonderful Halloween and one of the best. It was absolutely full of friends and fun! I hope everyone else's was as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment