Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Stationery



Stationery and invitations are such an extra little extravagance.

I like to have lots of different types at all times; depending on the situation, person you are sending it to or the mood. You also don't want to send someone a note in a short time after another note with the same paper.

I am looking for some new kinds. Crane is a great company that has so many different types and styles as well as really great sales.

This one to the right is a Kate Spade kit that comes in a cute little box with the cards and envelopes. I love the colors; pink and yellow are always a beautifully done combination. Plus the flowers and such a cute detail. I like my stationery very lady like but fun so this would be a perfect addition to my collection.


I love writing love notes. I usually like writing them on regular stationery or paper that I can decorate with little pictures but this one is the definition of love letter. The deep red with gold detailing in the envelope is so romantic and bold just as the quote is. I certainly think there is an element of madness in love and I can just imagine someone shouting it out a window or screaming it at their lover. I will definitely have to pick this up for my boyfriend's next love letter.






With Sarah meaning Princess, I have taken up the role with pleasure and my little girl will of course be one too. This invitation is perfect for a birth announcement of a little princess into the world. It is delicate with the vintage frame look and detailing in the corners. The fairy tale story line to it is my favorite part. Perfect for a little pink princess.










I always think about wedding, engagement party and
bridal party invitations are always so girly, which is usually beautiful but if I was a guy I would think it was so lame.They most likely will throw it away and not look at the date again till the month approaches and they remember. I am going to make my invitations as formal, beautiful and simple as possible. I want people to note how beautifully done they are but not too feminine. This engagement party invitation is a perfect example of this formula. The design and color seem ideal for an engagement along with the circle shape of the font and format. The ring picture is the cherry on the top and it is these little touches that make stationery and invitations.

The first two of these pictures are from Crane and the second two are from Tiny Prints.


No comments:

Post a Comment